Tuesday 2 June 2015

Mini Reviews on Media displayed in Class

Mini-Review #1: Comics What Disasters

      In class we have only done like two comics (thank god) which in my opinion were very bad. I do not like comics because they remind me of animation movies like Pokemon or Yugio and i absolutely disliked the why they looked on the television. The graphics, the speech bubbles and they way it looks bothers me a lot because it is confusing to read. I prefer novels where there are absolutely no pictures and I can make the movie in my head as i read along. Where as in a comic book there are lots and lots of pictures given to you. I pretty much sit there trying to figure out what the graphics are telling me and how each one relates to the speech bubbles. i just feel like there is to much work involved in reading a comic book. I simply find it difficult and annoying to read the comics for the reasons given above. (No offence Mr. Edwards)

  

Mini-Review #2: YouTube Viral Friday Videos

       I thought that viral Fridays were the best (until we stopped doing them) because they got everyone's opinion on what they thought was funny. i liked how every Friday there were two different people who picked videos and the class had to vote on which one was the most liked by them. I thought by doing something like this the class can see on how people have different opinions on whats funny and whats sad. i remember watching a video where this guy broke his leg because he biked off of the ramp or something and the class was laughing but in reality that would have hurt so much. i feel if you showed an elderly person that video they're reaction would have been disgusted and our reactions were the total opposite. The videos showed me how the society is changing in what we find funny and sad. It was a great way to relate to them and talk about how people are changing and we don't really care as much for others. 

https://youtu.be/_-0yzhjEVFA

https://youtu.be/JyD3r5FfFp0


Mini-Review #3: Reality TV

        In class we watched season eight episode 10 of Keeping up with the Kardashians. I really enjoyed watching the episode because the Kardashians are hilarious and I watch the show on a daily basis. That's not the only reason for why I enjoyed eating the show, I liked how we didn't just watch a random show but rather a popular show. Many people all around the world watch this show and the reason I think that it is really popular is because we can relate to it. Keeping up with the Kardashians is a famous reality TV show which most people watch due to their content of daily life and family bonding. Reality TV is a really popular part of the television area because the society prefers to flip on the TV when they have nothing to do and need to be entertained because they ate bored. Not only that but one can gain lots of positive values out of this specific show. In short I find the Kardashians amusing and fascinating, they'er family bondage is something that I love to see. How a family that huge be so close? 

Image result for keeping up with the kardashians season 9           Image result for keeping up with the kardashians season 9

Mini-Review #4: Movies


        Throughout the course we have watched many movies but my favorite movie was Cabin in the Woods because I enjoyed how it was a stereotypical movie making fun of other horror movies. The movie had the typical high school teenagers; the jock, the smart guy, the slut a and finally the virgin. The order of death and how they die were very similar as well as the scene where the go to the basement and look at all the creepy things. I liked the movie even though it included the same steps is a horror movie and you knew what was going to happens next. I thought the ending was really creative because the virgin presses the red button releasing all of the creatures trapped in the cubes which causes many deaths of the people who were betting in which creature will be featured in the "movie". I thought it was really creative that the movie makers incorporated the sacrifice part because it made the viewers wonder what their importance was until they reveal their purpose in the end. It was a really unique was of ending the film. 

Image result for why is cabin in the woods a good movieImage result for why is cabin in the woods a good movie


       

        


No comments:

Post a Comment